The Income Tax Department simplified the Income Tax Return form ITR 1, ITR 2, ITR4 & ITR V in an effort to help the tax payers for the assessment year 2015-16 and also proposed income tax benefits for individuals who make payments through debit & credit cards instead of this extended the deadline for the filing of returns to August 31 form July 31.
These income tax return forms are available in .pdf & java script format and here on this post I am sharing only .pdf format which you can download from the link given below and can fill accordingly.
As the previous ITR-2 form were around 14 pages but it replaced with a 3 page form to save taxpayer time and made it very convenient. All these forms are proposed to be simplified in the following manner for the convenience of the taxpayer.
- Individuals having exempt income without any ceiling (other than agricultural income exceeding Rs. 5,000) can now file Form ITR 1 (Sahaj). Similar simplification is also proposed for individuals/HUF in respect of Form ITR 4S (Sugam).
- At present individuals/HUFs having income from more than one house property and capital gains are required to file Form ITR-2. It is, however, noticed that majority of individuals/HUFs who file Form ITR-2 do not have capital gains. With a view to provide for a simplified form for these individuals/HUFs, a new Form ITR 2A is proposed which can be filed by an individual or HUF who does not have capital gains, income from business/profession or foreign asset/foreign income.
- In lieu of foreign travel details, it is now proposed that only Passport Number, if available, would be required to be given in Forms ITR-2 and ITR-2A. Details of foreign trips or expenditure thereon are not required to be furnished.
- As regards bank account details in all these forms, only the IFS code, account number of all the current/savings account which are held at any time during the previous year will be required to be filled-up. The balance in accounts will not be required to be furnished. Details of dormant accounts which are not operational during the last three years are not required to be furnished.
- An individual who is not an Indian citizen and is in India on a business, employment or student visa (expatriate), would not mandatorily be required to report the foreign assets acquired by him during the previous years in which he was non-resident if no income is derived from such assets during the relevant previous year.
- As a measure of simplification, it has been endeavoured to ensure that in Form ITR 2 and the new Form ITR 2A, the main form will not contain more than 3 pages, and other information will be captured in the Schedules which will be required to be filled only if applicable.
Download the New Income Tax Return (ITR) Forms in .pdf format from link given below:
Download ITR 1 SAHAJ Form (click here for details information about ITR 1 SAHAJ Form)
Download ITR 2 Form (click here for details information about ITR 2 Form)
Download ITR 2A Form (click here for details information about ITR 2A Form)
Download ITR 4S SUGAM (click here for details information about ITR 4S SUGAM Form)
Download ITR V (click here for details information about ITR V Form)